“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…It’s about learning to dance in the rain.”

Sunday, February 3

another snowdrop


Project info

Snowdrop hat

Snowdrop hat by Patons

Knitting

Julia

1-2 years
Needle and yarn

US 4 - 3.5 mm

1 skeins = 220.0 yards (201.2m)

Pink Ice

This is the third snowdrop I had to make for little miss Julia 'cause she keeps growing out of them. We have plenty of cold weather ahead of us, so she needs a warm hat that fits. I went to leisure world/Owls hallow on Thursday to pick up some Patons yarn, I heard that they had a big yarn sale, when, what to my wondering eyes should appear but an entire row of shelves designated to Cascade 220 superwash wool, well my heart skipped a beat, I have only seen this available online, so I grabbed a pink skein and headed to the cash,$11.99 not a bad price, same as the online stores and no shipping fees, a lot more than my Patons, but I wanted so bad to try this yarn, so I bought it! I started the hat first thing Saturday morning. I was a little disappointed tho, to me, it was no better than the much less expensive Patons brand, so I don't think I'll be buying it again! but if someone gifts it to me that would be ok, lol.

No comments: