Sunday, September 17

Lazy Sunday Afternoon


Well I just spent my afternoon discovering all these wonderful blog from the Island I had no

idea there were so many Islanders out there with blogs I tried to leave comments on them all

hoping that you would visit mine. So if you are here for a visit please leave a comment to let me

know you were here. I promise I won't bite hard (hehehe)




I just got this off of another Islanders Blog and it made me laugh

You Know You're an Islander If

Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.

You think lingerie is tube socks and a flannel nightie.

The local paper covers national and international headlines on one page but requires 6 pages for sports.

You've ridden the school bus for an hour each way.

You've ever had to switch "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.

Your drinking glasses all have "Irving" on them.

You see a car running in the parking lot at the store with no one in it no matter what time of the year.

Security lights are installed on your house and garage and they are left both unlocked.

You've never met any celebrities (except maybe Boomer Gallant).

Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a school bus on the highway.

"Vacation" means going to Moncton to shop.

You've seen all the biggest bands ten years after they were popular.

You measure distance in hours.

You know several people who have hit a skunk.

Your school classes were canceled because of cold.

You think that the first day of fishing season is a national holiday.

You are really tired of Anne of Green Gables.

Jumper cables are in your car's trunk.

You have only 3 spices in your house: salt, pepper and ketchup.

Kids' Halloween costumes are designed to fit over snowsuits.

There is a Tim Hortons per every 1000 capita.

You think the icy roads are "slippy".

from faye's flyspot Thanks for the laugh

1 comment:

Christy J said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting, so I came to see you. I visited PEI one summer and loved it. Your list makes it seem a lot like Northern Ontario.
Concerning the Jack o' Lantern sweater, the pattern is several years old, long enough for the border to be missing and I have no idea of the issue date of the magazine. The main feature is the face duplicate stitched on the front of the sweater. If you click on the picture and get the large version, you can actually see to count the stitches and make a graph. The sweater I knit is 18 months size; I wish I'd just used a 12 months worsted weight plain sweater pattern. Hope this helps.