Monday, December 10

TRADITIONAL SCOTCH COOKIES

Cari came over this afternoon we made her favourite Christmas Cookies. Hope you like them as much as we do!






1/2 cup cornstarch.
1 cup flour.
1/2 cup icing sugar.
3/4 cup butter, softened.
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Sift together cornstarch, icing sugar and flour.
With large spoon, thoroughly blend in butter. Work with hands until
soft, smooth dough forms. If necessary, refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.


Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness; cut into shapes with cookie cutters. Decorate with candied cherries, coloured sprinkles or Icing, if desired. Bake in 300°F (150°C) oven 15- 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove and cool
completely on wire rack. Store in tightly covered container.
Yield: About 2 dozen cookies.
edit. my sister recently told me that she adds 1/2 teaspoon full of almond extract  instead of the vanilla. 

7 comments:

peigirl said...

put the tea on ok nanna the cookies look so yummyyyyy

Me7of11 said...

Tag...you're it! One of the rules to getting tagged is that you have to tag 7 more people. Since I don't know 7 bloggers, I randomly selected you (actually, we have somethings in common, so picked you after reading your profile and a few of your entries. Anyway, I hope you'll visit my blog and play along!

Carol said...

@peigirl hurry up the tea is getting cold!

@me7of11 Thanks for tagging me I played this game a while ago here

Paula B (NS) said...

Exactly the recipe I've been looking for! Since my Canada Corn Starch comes in a PLASTIC container, they don't put the recipe on it anymore :(. I'll let you know how they turn out!

Anonymous said...

PERFECT! ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!! And my 8 and 4 year old grandaughters had a lovely time decorating them.

Anonymous said...

The previous comment is actually from Paula B who made the wrong selection! OOPS!

Carol said...

@ Paula this is my favourite cookie. I wonder why they stopped printing this recipe on the container?