Wednesday, January 9

Summer Top

I know it's not summer, but when Cari asked me to make this for her how could I say no! This little summer tank top was so easy, the front and back are made the same, with a simple increasing and decreasing shaping. I used the Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Solid yarn that Cari gave me for my Birthday... hmmmm do you think she had this in mind when she gave it to me? Anyway, I started it on Boxing Day and worked on it through our 4 snow storms all the time thinking of Summer. I would say this would be a perfect first sweater for the beginner knitter.

I did do some winter knitting too. I notice Nate needed some mittens because he keeps loosing them. I found this old vintage pattern from Socks, Mitts and Gloves for Children' by Patons. Pattern book 140. I use to make them for the girls but I wasn't brave enough to make them on 4 needles. Now I'd rather knit with 4 needles just because I hate seaming I also made a safety cord so maybe he'll hold on to these for a little bit.

4 comments:

peigirl said...

love the tank top I bet Taylor would love one hum maybe I will knit it and love the mittens.have an awesome day nanna (hugs)

cciott said...

Cari's sweater looks great - it fits so well. I've knit mitts for Bub too, but we've given up and are using ones from Dollarama since thsy get lost so quickly.

Kaet said...

that top is very pretty...the yarn looks so luxurious! i hope nate holds onto these mittens!

Carol said...

Thank you the yarn I used was Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Solid and yes for an acrylic it's not bad!

and I'm sorry to say Nate has lost his mittens! so I'll be shopping for new ones at the dollarama too!