Sunday, February 24

Calorimetry [kal-uh-rim-i-tree]

My 300th post!

I finished my Calorimetry with only 24" of yarn left, aren't I a lucky girl?


As I worked on it, I was holding my breath, hoping I'd have enough yarn.



(they don't make them like this anymore ~1936)
This button is off of an old hockey sweater I bought at a thrift shop probably 10 years ago, I had all intentions on taking it to the Antique Road show if they ever came to Charlottetown, just to find out the history of it. When the show finally made it here, I had forgotten all about this sweater. I hope I didn't ruin the sweater by removing the button?
( reminds me of Harry Potter)

I can't say for sure but I think it might be a bakelite button?

8 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

I love your Calorimetry! Awesome colors...this is my favorite one yet.
Hugs!

Sarah said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Lovely to come and see what you've been up to - great Calorimetry and socks.

Am amazed it's 100 years since Anne of Green Gables was published - loved that series of books, first thing I thought when I saw where you were from was - isn't that where Anne was from :o)

Kelly said...

Your cal. looks grreat! I can just see myself holding my breath with the clogs I did, much like your calorimetry. You lucked out :)

Jennifer said...

Your calorimetry is wonderful. I love the colours! Congrats on 300 posts!

Bridget said...

Nice Calorimetry. I haven't made one yet, but someday. The sweater is interesting, and I would imagine the buttons are Bakelite.

peigirl said...

congrats on the 300th post!!!just love the colors have an awesome dayu nanna (hugs)

Becky said...

Congrats on 300!

thinkingmama said...

Pretty colors. That button is awesome!