Friday, February 1

Ice Storm

First off I want to thank you all for the lovely comments on Nate's sweater, they really made my day and are greatly appreciated.

I don't know if you were aware of this but the Island had an Ice storm The freezing rain started Monday night. Our power flickered off and on throughout the night, and went off at noon on Wednesday, The power was out for about 95 per cent of the Island, our power was only off for 3 hours, and I nearly lost my mind, there are households on the west end of the Island still with out power. I have no idea how these people are coping, Thank goodness temperatures have been mild this week. I really wish I had photos of my own to show but by the time I got out of bed, the ice had melted, but if you head on over to The Guardian's web site they have an impressive slide show .

Hope you have a good first Friday of the month !

1 comment:

Becky said...

Glad you are all ok. We had an ice storm last week, but fortunately our power didn't go out. When it does, I just head on over to my cousin's house. They have a generator.