Sunday, February 3

Knitting From My Stash

I've been knitting from my stash and I've made a huge dent in it. I still have a large amount left but I have plans for that yarn;).
I will be donating these knitted items to the elementary school in our neighbourhood. I've notice a lot of kids coming out of that school without hats on their heads and as you can imagine we get some pretty cold days here so I thought what a better use for my stash then to make up these hats and head bands and give them to the school, and let the children who don't have hats or left the house without a hat use them. I've been in contact with the school and they were very interested and very thankful.




I'm thinking of making mittens too. and some boys toques.
I have the house to myself today and it needs a good going over so I think I'll go now spend the rest of the morning cleaning up and the afternoon knitting. :)

6 comments:

peigirl said...

the hats are just beautiful and I know that the school really appreciates people giving to the children well done sis,have an awesome day (hugs)

thinkingmama said...

Cute hats! I love the earflap ones. What pattern is that? I'm sure those kids will love them.

Carol said...

Thank you... hats are delivered and in use as I speak.
doing a little happy dance :)

The pattern was published in Family Circle Easy Knitting, Winter 2003/2004 designed by Irina Poludnenko

cciott said...

Finally got a chance to catch up on your blog. I was thinking about you with all the storm news. So glad your power wasn't out long. Happy belated Birthday to Nate. He looks so grown up in his birthday sweater. Nice work, and I'm sure the hats and headbands are much appreciated too.

Jennifer said...

Wow! Those are beautiful! That was so kind of you!

Jennifer said...

You've been tagged back...twice! :)
Check out the blog.