Wednesday, April 30

It's raining again!

The rain is falling but it's not a bad thing, our grass is getting nice and green, the flowers are up and it's a great day to stay inside and knit.

yes... I'm still working on Kelli's tunic. I wish I could tell you that I'm almost finished, but I'm still on the back, when I take out the measuring tape it's only 11 1/4 inches long!But I keep telling Kelli, good things comes to those who wait!

I picked up some sirdar breeze for a secret project that I can't wait to start on, but more on that later.

Last night I was watching our local news and was very interested in a story about an Island woman, Shirley Doucette. Who has made over 50 Izzy dolls for the Canadian Military to hand out to the afghan children, I'm going to volunteer to make some to donate too! people have been making these little dolls for years now, it started when Mcpl Mark Robert Isfeld an Canadian soldier who was killed removing landmines. His Mother Carol started making the dolls to help her deal with the pain of losing her son. If you want to read more you can visit his memorial page but be warned it's very sad.

Well I'm going to end my post here and hope you have a great day!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

WoW! This sweater is going to be awesome! I waited a looooooong time!

Peg said...

Good for you knitting Izzy Dolls! The Islfelds used to live here in the Comox Valley. I did not go to the memorial this time, but Mark's Mom and Dad just died in the last year, both from stomach cancer. There is a high school that I pass on my way to the pool that is The Mark Isfeld High School. A nice memorial, but the dolls are very special!

Kelly said...

ohh that tunic is going to be YUMMY!!!
We're coming to your neck of the woods next weekend :)

Philigry said...

oh, the knitting looks so great! beautiful! i can't wait to see the finished product!

peigirl said...

I am all for knitting the izzy dolls it is a great way for the soldiers to interact with the children,the tunic is just Beautiful!!!.have an awesome day nanna (hugs)

Kaet said...

ooooh, a secret project. i cannot wait to see! did you already give the baby set away? i am dying to know what the recipient thought of it!