Wednesday, May 14

Do I need an intervention ?

Well here I go again... I'm not one to be content with just 4 projects on the needles, nope not me I have to go start another one. This time I cast on to do a beautiful wrap around cardigan for myself.
It's a Debbie Bliss pattern from her Easy knits book. I've made this cardigan a few years ago for Kelli, but my choice of yarn was very poor, I had no idea what the fiber it was or what weight. I'm pretty sure the only reason I bought it was because it was cheap and it was the right colour. The ply was all wrong way too heavy, Kelli never wore it because she found it too itchy. Anyone living here know it's almost impossible to buy high end yarns made with natural fibers without taking out a bank loan, that is if you can find them in the first place!
I was at Michael's yesterday I notice they had this baby soft on clearance $3 a ball. ( I know there are some of you out there who are saying oh no that's not much better, but I'm already using it on my little girl dress and I love the feel of it, it knits up soft, smooth and even) so I don't think I'll be disappointed at all.( fingers crossed.)

4 comments:

peigirl said...

I love the baby soft yarn also, it is a good yarn and wow are you ever busy with the knitting,the sweater is going to be gorgeous.
have an awesome day nanna (hugs) wish it would warm up some

Lil Knitter said...

It even looks soft in the photos. I love the color! Don't worry about what others think...if you like it then go for it. I think it's knitting up nicely...can't wait to see it finished!
Hugs!

Philigry said...

i can not wait to see this! i love that color. i am the same way you are, i hate to spend a ton of money on yarn. I try to go cheap, but find something that feels nice too.

Christy J said...

I used that baby yarn for the caridgan set that Bub wore most often as a baby. I found it a really good quality acrylic. Don't worry about the yarn snobs.