Tuesday, May 27

I got my groove back!

I think I just might have my groove back.
I have a lot on my needles and I've been able to knit a little bit each day.
I finished the back of the little girls dress,
This is my version of the little dress...
'Back

and this is the original dress that My Aunt Stella made for me.

It's not an exact match ,I know the yoke is a bit different and the feather and fan doesn't look quite the same, and there is no garter stitch, okay so it's completely different. Oh well they are both dresses and they are both pink! if anyone know this pattern or has it, I'd love to have a copy! She was an amazing knitter wasn't she? hard to believe this little dress is over 40 years old, I'd love to know what yarn she used!

In other news, It stopped raining long enough to get the grass cut . It took a lot out of me though, I had to take a break between the front and back, I didn't realize I was so out of shape! I suppose that what comes from sitting on ones backside for a long Canadian winter.

Oh the biggest news yet... Nate used his potty, yep! #1 and #2 I was so proud of him!

Happy knitting and I hope you all have a great day!

2 comments:

peigirl said...

I think the yarn she used was of a wool base thats what it feels like I do know she had a lot of yarn for her knitting,r her and Norman would have what we call KAL's he also was a wonderful knitter his socks were something we all looked foward to at Christmas great job on the knitting.have an awesome day nanna (hugs)

Ellen said...

great job on the dress Nanna!!
Hope you have a great weekend :)

and YEAAAAAH for Nate :) what a smart little man!!