Sunday, May 4

Lazying On A Sunday Afternoon

I did absolutely nothing all day, except putter around the yard, and knit on the deck.
Oh it was a lovely this morning, the sun was so warm, It was so peaceful, just the sounds of the birds, interrupted only by the occasional car engine.
I worked on the tunic until I got bored with it. Then I started on this years Provincial Exhibition entry a little girls dress that's if I finish it in time .

The funny thing about this little dress is I use to have this same dress, my Aunt Stella made it for me when I was 2 years old. My sister Shirley rescued it from being thrown out, and held on to it all these years, she found the pattern online and we are both going to make it. No... I don't have a little girl to give it to yet!, so once the exhibition is over it will go into the gift drawer and wait for some little darling... maybe someday I'll have a little Granddaughter to give it to. ;)

My garden is starting to show signs of life, here's my late bloomers. When all the other crocus have lost their blooms these beauties are at their best.


and look what popped up over night... the chives that Cari gave me last spring I don't know what to do with them, but I love how green they are, and I love the little purple flower they get!


The peonies that I planted last year didn't do a thing, I thought it was dead! thank goodness I was wrong because I love this plant! I can't wait to see what colour the flower will be.

5 comments:

peigirl said...

you sure are coming along on the dress it was just so beautiful yesterday,took Marley for a real nice long walk,your garden is looking mighty nice.have an awesome day nanna (hugs)

KariBeri said...

you could dice up those yummy chives and put them on a baked potatoe or mashed potatoes! yum!

Kaet said...

the crocus is so pretty! and i of course love the color of the pretty dress you have started!

Ellen said...

Hope you had a wonderful mothers day Nana :)

Philigry said...

your gardens are beautiful! i can't wait to see the dress! how nice that you were able to find the same pattern.