Thursday, May 22

What do you do when you can't sleep?

Last night I had the worst case of heart burn ever, in fact it was so bad I couldn't sleep. Not wanting to keep hubby awake, I got out of bed went in and turned on the computer to see if I could find any home remedies, btw I don't recommend this... it could cause heart failure.


So before I scared the bejabbers out of myself, I decided to play blog tag. I started with Lil Knitter's blog but I got no further 'cause she had posted a picture on her latest project. I looked at it wondering what it was, when I figured out it was a pair of slippers, and the pattern was free, I knew I had to make them. I jotted down the pattern, turned the computer off, went down to the living room grabbed an old ball of phentex out of the closet, put John Adams on the TV (don't ask) casted on. By the time I had watched the episode 6 , I had finished one and my heartburn was gone. I was able to go back to bed. when I got up this morning I had coffee this could be the cause of my heart burn. Casted on the second slipper and within an hour I had a very cute pair of slippers I know as soon as the girls see these I'll be happily making more. you know I think this would be the perfect first project for a newbie to make.


3 comments:

peigirl said...

I sure hope you are feeling better today,was it something you ate on a brighter note I just love the slippers and thank you for sending the pattern.
you have an awesome day nanna (hugs)
looks like we are going to have a real nice day ;0)

Lil Knitter said...

Oh my goodness! I love yours! Those colors are awesome! Aren't they just the easiest, fastest little knits...definitely the perfect project for new knitters. Now be prepared to make more...everybody is gonna want some.

Hugs!

Philigry said...

oh, thise look comfy. Heartburn! i get it really bad too sometimes. milk has always helped me, bu tmy dad swears by baking soda and water. I can never get that down though.