Sunday, June 22

liberating myself

Well, I didn't make it to the beach yesterday :`(

"Life lesson #1 don't mock the weather dude!"

So I had some free time on my hands, I grabbed a bag ,went to my yarn closet went through each and every ball of yarn in there, only stashing what I liked and trashing what I didn't! My neighbour has recently taking up knitting (nasty habit!) so instead of giving the yarn to value village I gave it to her. You should have seen her face, you'd think I gave her a million bucks! It made me feel so good! and it made a lot of room in my closet, I also re-valuated my wip.


I've decided not to continue on "The Little Girls dress"'Back

not after seeing the original dress that My Aunt Stella made for me.





The pattern we got online just wasn't close enough to the original, I see no point in continuing on it ... I might fudge the pattern at some point in time, if I get a granddaughter to make it for ( no pressure girls) but for now, I'm going to rip it out and reuse the yarn on something else. I also de-cluttered my queue over on ravelry I only kept the things I really want to knit. WOW this is liberating, like a heavy burden has been lifted of my shoulders.


Lookie I have a FO to show you I finished Marlene's Lillian last night while watching Mr.Bean's Holiday with Hubby!

I hope when I give it to her she'll model it for me and I'll post a picture!

6 comments:

sweetp said...

A queue clear out is what I need to. Its ridiculously long. I find I cant concentrate on current WiPs when my stash is all over the house and everythig is a mess, a tidy up is great for gettign things sorted in my head too. Also usually I find a yarn I've forgotten about lol. I really like your tank top, very pretty and summery

Philigry said...

that is beautiful! Love it.

sue said...

Oh what a great idea and how wonderful for the new knitter too. I really like that pink dress pattern you were knitting, it looked so pretty. I love the white top too, very nice.

peigirl said...

your Lillian is just beautiful.I am sending you a picture of the pattern for the dress,don't give up on knitting it I am still trying to figure out the top part.have an awesome day nanna (hugs)

Kaet said...

that top is so perfect for summer! i love it!

Lil Knitter said...

Aww...the pink dress was so pretty but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Love the Lillian...so nice.
I sure need to do some of this liberating myself.
Hugs!