Thursday, September 25

Full house

I had a full house for the past 2 weeks, Cari and Rocky have been staying here while work was done to the Trans-Canada Highway, because of damage done to the road from post-tropical storm Hanna a part of the highway was closed for 2 1/2 week, there was a detour to get from her place to Charlottetown, and with the price of gas being so high, we thought it was best if they came and stayed here until the work was completed.

She stayed in her old room which is now the computer room, so I haven't been online as much as I'm use to. But it was worth it!
Cari had her first appointment and found out she's farther along than first thought, she's 11 1/2 weeks!


Yesterday was a beautiful Fall day. We went to the park with Kelli and Nate and I took some nice pictures. I'm going to have them developed and framed.




This is my favourite.

and Nate making his funny face!

In knitting news... well not much has been going on,I only had time to knit on my socks. I'm in love with this yarn it's a non-woolen yarn, acrylic/nylon blend. I love the feel of it, and as you can tell from the picture I'm almost done of the pair and I still have more than half to ball left...very economical. I only wish the shops would stock more of the colours! oh and the pattern I'm using is just "The Best Sock pattern ever!!!" "IMHO", clearly written and easy to follow.


My friend dropped off a pattern book full of baby blankies Our Best Knit Baby Afghans by: Leisure Arts, there are so many beautiful afghans in this book it's hard to decide which one I want to make.

but I keep going back to page 33 ( cable and crowns)

yes I'm pretty sure this is the one. I don't mind starting a big project like that when the nights are getting colder and new shows are starting to air.

9 comments:

Sonya said...

I love that first photo!

I wish Fall would come find me. It is going to be 85 again today in Southern Indiana

Lil Knitter said...

Fall is awesome..my favorite time of year. Great photos...I love the funny face Nate. Too cute.
Your socks are looking good! I love that shade of blue.
Hugs!

Kelly said...

awwwww those pictures are soooo cute! 11 1/2 weeks!!! Wow!!! You better get knitting, you'll have a new wee one in no time :)

peigirl said...

the pictures are just beautiful and wow I love that yarn!! the socks are really pretty i called today I thought you may have been sick so happy that you are not it must have been a great visit for you and Cari,she looks wonderful adorable picture of Nate
have an awesome day isn't it beautiful today (hugs)

Toni said...

Your favorite photo is mine too, and great looking socks!

Becky said...

Note has got to be just about the cutest kid ever!!!

Becky said...

Uh, sorry. That should read NATE...And those letters aren't even close on the keyboard. I was really tired yesterday.

Carol said...

Thanks guys.
Becky I didn't even notice!I must be tired too! ;)

Haley said...

i made this blanket many a moons ago. i really enjoyed the pattern. hope you do too!