Monday, September 29

Hurricane Kyle

Thank you all for wishing me safe during the storm. I woke up this morning to light rain, gusty winds, and thank goodness not much damage from Kyle, which weakened from hurricane to a post-tropical storm as it passed over the Maritimes. But I was well prepared...

I had a new project waiting... it's hard to tell from this picture what it is, but it's the stacked eyelet cowl. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it on Kelly. and knew I'd have to make it!and now I know it will be the Christmas gift that all the gals on my list will be getting!
I had something new to read...picked it up at Michaels using my 40% coupon so many beautiful projects in there! I'm thinking about knitting Hub project 17 for his Christmas gift.
I know I'll have to find a substitute yarn, it calls for Donegal chunky tweed.
which I'm almost certain I won't be able to find it here!

4 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

Thank goodness Kyle weakened before he got to you. I'm so glad you're all safe.
I've also been thinking about knitting a cowl...thinking they would make great Christmas gifts.
Hugs!

Christy J said...

Just catching up with my blog friends after nearly a month away. Love the pink and purple baby set. So cute, and the combination of colors is very eye catching! I still have a couple of girl sets put aside from my daughter's pregnancies. Maybe next time. But it is nice having a set of little guys; they're going to be great friends.

Becky said...

I'm glad you didn't get any serious storm damage.

Ellen said...

You are soo talanted !

Thank you so much for your help on my project !

Have a great Humpday Nana !!