Friday, October 17

Eye Candy Friday

Kelli started a part time job this week, so for the next few months I'll be taking care of Nate.
I took this opportunity to have him model some of my newest projects,
First off, I can't tell you how disappointed I was when I put on his Birthday sweater, and found that the body was 3" too short and the arms were about 2" too short.
I even made it in the size 4, thinking he'd get a lot of wear out of it... boy was I wrong.
But the mitts and hat turned out perfect!




I dropped into Michael's yesterday and found something new sitting on their shelves. A new yarn from Paton's, silk bamboo for $5.99, I had 40% off coupon so why not try it out! well it certainly lives up to it's name! it's a blend of silk and bamboo, it has a nice drape, it's soft and has a very nice sheen to it.

I 'm using it to make one of the stacked eyelet cowls. I'm not sure one spool will be enough? The pattern calls for 150 yards of yarn and the spool only has 102 yards on it. I will probably have to cheat and do one less pattern.



5 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

Aww...they do fit him perfectly. He's just so cute.
I decided to try a different cowl...was worried the eyelets would let in the cold air. I still may break down and do one though....I just like the way it looks.
Hugs!

Becky said...

Sorry to hear about the sweater. The hat looks great though, and he's just too cute modeling the mittens!

Kelly said...

ack that is the worst feeling in the world when something you work so hard on doesn't fit!!!
Are you able to lengthen it at all???
Your cowl is going to be yummy, I love the colour and sheen to the yarn!

Jennifer said...

I haven't seen that silk/bamboo yarn! I'll have to look for it. That Nate must be a big boy! I hope you can find a way to fix the sweater.

Shelley said...

The hat and mitts look great on him! What a little sweety he is! Sorry to hear the sweater was too short.