Saturday, November 29

Dennis"Denny" Flanagan

Dennis B. "Denny" Flanagan
1939-2008


A week ago today, my sister Shirley/Pei girl, Suddenly lost her wonderful husband Denny.
He past away after suffering a massive heart attack. He was a loving father to his two sons, and daughter. and an awesome granddad.He was a dedicated firefighter with over 42 years of service to our city.
It has been so hard to come to the realization that he is gone. He was larger than life to us.
A wonderful man and I'm so very proud to have known him. I’m going to miss him. He was one of the good ones, always took care of his family and was a friend to everyone. To me he was the most up beat person I know, no matter what kind of mood I was in, he always managed to put a smile on my face. I have nothing but good memories of him. We’ll miss you Denny.
Rest in peace .


A Fireman's Prayer
When I am called to duty, God,
Whenever flames may rage;
Give me strength to save some life,
Whatever be its age.
Help me embrace a little child
Before it is too late
Or save an older person
From the horror of that fate.
Enable me to be alert
And hear the weakest shout,
And quickly and efficiently
To put the fire out.
I want to fill my calling
And to give the best in me
To guard my every neighbor
And protect his property.
And if, according to my fate,
I am to lose my life,
Please bless with your protecting
My children and my wife.
- Author Unknown

9 comments:

Sonya said...

I am so sorry to hear about the loss your family has suffered. I will keep everyone in my prayers.

Bridget said...

I'm sorry for your loss - he sounds like a great man.

Nikki said...

I so sorry to hear this. Give my love to your sister and her children [[hugs]]

Toni said...

So sorry to hear this carol, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Becky said...

So sorry for your loss. You and your family are in our prayers.

Cari said...

I'll miss him so much, Shirley I'm always here for you

Peggy C said...

My sincerest condolences to you and the Flanagan family. God Bless

Kelli said...

He was a great uncle. I will miss him teasing me a lot.

KariBeri said...

I have been behind on reading my blogs due to my laptop was being fixed. i am so sorry for your loss! My father was a firefighter also and past away when my mother was pregnant with me. hugs!