Sunday, November 2

Kangaroo Hoodie

It's been awhile since I had any knitting content on the blog. Well let me rectified that right now. Here is Nate's NEW Birthday Sweater fresh off the needles. knitted to replace the one that didn't turn out the right size. This one I made sure was big enough I took measurements every step of the way. I'm sure he'll get a lot of wear out of this one.

Pattern:I used Bernat free Pattern, You'll have to register on the Bernat website to access the free patterns.
Needles: US 6 / 4.0 mm. US 8 / 5.0 mm
Yarn:I used Patons Classic Wool Merino, Colourway: denim. I bought it at Michaels, I think this colour might have been discontinued. It's a shame because I love it!



And speaking of discontinued yarn take a look at what I found at Value Village the other day.




Patons Vintage baby wool, 5 balls of the blue and 3 balls of the pink for $ 5.99. I'm hoping to make something special with it for the new baby. a nice old vintage pattern from one of the old Patons books would be nice I think!

5 comments:

Toni said...

I love the kangaroo hoodie, I have to look that one up for my grand son.

Haley said...

looks great! very similar to the wallaby that i love so much.

peigirl said...

just love the hoodie and what a great find with the yarn!!have an awesome day nana(hugs)

sue said...

The kangaroo hoodie looks great and the denim color is very nice too. Pity they discontinued it.

Jennifer said...

That's another nice sweater, and you did it so quickly!!