Wednesday, December 31

Goodbye 2008 and...

...good riddance !!!

2008 was one of the worst years that our family has had in a very long time.

There was so much sadness, so much illness. My Sister passed away in April, after what I'm sure must have been a very painful illness. Another Sister spent the entire summer in hospital, and just when we thought it was over, my Brother-in-law passed away unexpectedly.
Indeed it has been a very hard year for our family.

I hope 2009 will be a better year for us. It looks promising so far.
My sister is feeling better.
We have the arrival of our new grand baby in April, There is nothing more exciting than a new baby in the family!
I'm looking forward to Nate's 3rd year, and all the fun stuff that goes with that.
Mike (Nate's Daddy) starts "Fire School" he's going to be a volunteer firefighter, I'm very excited for him.
And maybe we'll have an Autumn wedding?
I'm being optimistic, and I'm predicting a much better year ahead!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Happy New Year! May 2009 bring you peace and blessings.

Peggy C said...

Wishing you and your family all the best in the New Year,hopefully it will be a better year for all of you.
Thanks to you I actually took up knitting again. I look forward to reading your blog in 2009

Shelley said...

2008 was a difficult year for me too - well the latter part. My dad died in August.

Here's hoping 2009 is an awesome year for all of us!