Friday, December 26

I hope everybody had a great Christmas

I sure did...the economic downturn seemed to have had little effect at my house.
We had planned on having a low key Christmas... but as usual my girls spoiled me rotten.
I really hate to list off what I got for Christmas, but I just have to tell you what my wonderful girls got me. Cari gave me new sewing machine, she knew I wanted one, but knew I would never buy one for myself, besides she said "I need you to make curtains for the nursery!"

Kelli gave me the most comfortable pair pj's, so comfortable in fact I stayed in them all day today...oh and cash too!!!

Hubby and I decided not to exchange gifts this year. But didn't the bugger hand me an envelope fill with cash "for the after Christmas sales" he whispered in my ear.
So I'll be going to go to the stores tomorrow, My first stop will be the fabric store!!!..
and Santa filled my stocking full of yarn, That along with the yarn PEI Girl gave me for my birthday, I have enough yarn to keep me going all winter long.

And something very exciting happened on Christmas eve,
Jason and Cari got engaged!!!
they both want a winter wedding, so it will probably at the end of '09

I've never seen her so happy!

8 comments:

Pixie Purls said...

oh yay how wonderful!

Kelly said...

ohhhhhh very exciting things are happening on the island this year huh!
2009 is sure gonna be fun for ya!
Enjoy all your goodies :)

Marie said...

Congrats to the happy couple! Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas!

Toni said...

Congrats Carol on your growing family. I'm so happy for all of you.

peigirl said...

congrats to Cari and Jason and wow you had a wonderful christmas,I am so happy for all of you and may the new year be just as wonderful!
love ya all Shirley (hugs)

Bev said...

Fantastic news, Carol. It will make Christmas even more special for you all.

Congratulations to Cari & Jason!!

thinkingmama said...

Yay for Cari and Jason! It sounds like you had a great Christmas!

Wendi said...

Congratulations! Fantastic news, and a beautiful couple.
Haven't commented in a while because we were busy transferring to the island. Not PE island like I hoped. We're on Galveston island, in Texas, while hubby helps in repairing hurricane damage. I'm thankful for the work, but still hope one day to have my dream of moving up there come true.
Sonds like you had a great Christmas!