Saturday, January 17

Can you freeze bubbles???

... if it's cold enough you can!!!
I saw a story to TV the other day, and I thought I gotta try that! At temperatures below −25 °C (−13 °F), bubbles will freeze in the air and may shatter when hitting the ground.

Well the bubbles didn't exactly shatter, but did crumple under their own weight.
cool eh? ...just trying to amuse myself. lol


Wow, I didn't think it was possible to get colder, but it has. The old mercury has dipped below
-25°C -13°F and that's without the wind-chill!
A very deceiving Saturday Sky, from this shot you would think it was a beautiful warm day.


It's even chilly inside, I have the heat at 20°C/68°F and I still have frost on the inside of the window.

4 comments:

sweetp said...

Lol you learn something every day. Hope you get some warmer temps very soon

Becky said...

That is sooo cool! I wish it got cold enough here to try that.

Shelley said...

Oh my goodness! That is cool! I'll have to try that sometime. I hear it's going to warm up though and by Monday we might get a snow storm. I guess it just depends on what way the system heads...

Ellen said...

there that was not a day wasted, you learned something new !

and what a cool thing to learn :) thanks for sharing.

Stay warm !