Friday, January 2

New Year... New KAL


You can barely see outside, but...

...Hubby couldn't wait to get going! This is what we woke up to this morning. 50cm. of snow, and it's still blowing around out there! We have the whole family stormed stayed here, since early yesterday morning. Thank goodness I got a big order of groceries in before the storm hit! but we're going through them fast!

Here is the last thing off my needles for 2008, and I finished them just in the nick of time!

Pattern: Vintage Patons mittens
Needle: US 2 / 2.75 mm
Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks 4 Ply 2 skeins
Colorway: mulberry stripes

the first knit along of 2009I just joined the January Hat Trick knit along, each participant is going to try to knit three hats in the month of January a “hat trick” (three goals in hockey) as they complete three knitted (or crochet) hats. At the end of the month, the participants that have completed hats can enter their hats into a contest and the other participants will vote on the *Three Stars* of the knit along the hats that get the most votes will be the stars of the knit along.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

ACK I am sooooo jealous right now!!!
50cm and we got barely 5 :(
Great mitts!

thinkingmama said...

Wow! That's a lot of snow. Mittens were my last project of 2008 too and due to a knitting mishap, they were finished with only a few hours left of the year!

Becky said...

I grew up in Texas, and now live in Mississippi. I can't even imagine that much snow!

Good luck with your hat trick!

Toni said...

Snowed in! Get the hot chocolate. Love those mittens, too

The Blonde Duck said...

Saw you on Marie's blog and wanted to say hi! It's 80 degrees where I am!

Marie said...

Beautiful mittens! Your going to need them with all that snow! Wow!!!

Rebecca said...

I love those mittens knit with the Patons Kroy Socks! The colors are pretty. I'll have to try that!