Tuesday, February 3

more hats?

I know I've become a wee bit obsessive with knitting hats, but with the only other project on the needles being the baby afghan, it gets pretty monotonous, and I need a little diversion.
The hat knitting is the perfect remedy. Each hat take less than a skein of yarn and only a few hours of knitting to complete. In our climate one can never have too many hats.
This is the latest.
Rose Hill Hat, the little bobbles might not be to every one's liking, but I find them cute! This hat was completed in 2 evenings.
I used some Astra that has been in my stash for awhile, and I thought a red hat would be nice to have for Valentines day!

Rose Hill Hat
Cari

Rose Hill Hat
Pattern-Rose Hill Hat by Erin Harris

Needle-US 7 / 4.5 mm
Yarn-Patons Astra
less than1 skein
Colorway-Cardinal
______________________________________________________
Storm Watch...
well it hasn't started yet! good thing I have to get out and buy some groceries, I'm all out of milk,bread and chips. You know the staples of life. lol.
They're still calling for...
HEAVY SNOW WITH AMOUNTS UP TO 25 CENTIMETRES AND BLOWING SNOW FORECAST LATER TODAY THROUGH TONIGHT. THIS IS A WARNING THAT DANGEROUS WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED IN THESE REGIONS. Queens County.(that's me !)

4 comments:

peigirl said...

I just love the hat,and was just thinking i need a few of the staples also lol,have an awesome day nana (hugs)

Margaret said...

The hat is cute, bobbles and all. I thought you were going to say you had to go out and stock up on yarns. ;) But can't be without the 'staples'!

Maryse said...

Very cute hat and I like the Valentine's Day concept! I hope Mother Nature will be gentle with you guys...

Cindy said...

If you are really bored, I liked the one you made for Kelli!!! (hint hint)....