Tuesday, February 10

The Socktopus KAL

Haley and I started our socktopus KAL yesterday, And I thought I knew everything there was to know about knitting, well not quite, I never even heard of a w&t...

W&T = Wrap and turn; knit to the point where the pattern says to turn. Bring your yarn to the front of the work, slip the next stitch from the left hand needle, take your yarn to the back of the work, Slip the stitch back to the left hand needle. Turn your work and place the yarn at the back of your work before knitting to the beginning of the row.

It took me all day just to wrap my head around it! judging by the way the first 2 socks turned out I need a lot more practice.
Haley, please bear with me !

4 comments:

Becky said...

W&T--the main reason I dislike short row heels so much! Good luck getting the hang of them.

peigirl said...

woww!!!!!I say you did awesome wish I could get my knitting mood back,I never heard of w&t either but love the way it looks what you are knitting have an awesome day nana(hugs)

Margaret said...

Good job trying and learning something new! And staying with it.

Haley said...

i think you are doing great! and it's good to learn new things. thanks for knitting along with me!