Friday, April 10

Another baby project off the needles




Pattern -skirted matinee coat by Patons
Published in Patons #201, Baby Parade
Made for Grand baby #3" if a girl"
Size 3-6 months
Needle 2.75 mm/3.25 mm
Yarn Patons Beehive Baby Sport 125g
Colorway-precious pink
Started March 30 2009
Completed April 10 2009


Well I'm set if Kelli has a girl, I made this darling little sweater using a vintage pattern published in Patons #201, Baby Parade, unfortunately this publication is no longer in print.
It was a fun pattern, and not as complicated as it looks. No seaming, except for the arms.
I might attempt a hat and booties to match, but I'm not to sure they will be necessary as the baby will be born in September. I think I'll just put the yarn aside and if we need a hat, I'll whip one up!

5 comments:

Shelley said...

What a cute little sweater! Gotta love the ones that you don't need to seam up!!

Haley said...

very cute! i will send the pattern i promised soon. i ran out of paper so i haven't been able to make a copy of it. may have to get your sweater pattern for my newest niece. we can do a pattern exchange.

R a i n said...

Awww that's so sweet. The colour reminds me of cotton candy.

peigirl said...

just Beautiful!!!!have a wonderful Easter (hugs)

zealofzebra said...

I adore the pattern! I'm going to have to find a copy in order to make something to match the Saartje Booties I'm finishing - looks like you can get the book for cheap on some online used book stores.