Saturday, September 12

The New Knitty Is Here...

... and have you seen this  this  this and I'll definitely be knitting this, boy I'm going to be busy this winter, I have to go yarn shopping! and get some ink for the printer. hehehe... I ran out in the middle of printing
There is a real nip in the air and it's starting to feel like fall around here, The leaves on the trees are changing colours already, and the smell of pickles is wafting through the air, yep definitely Fall!

Speaking of pickles, Cari and I did up a batch the other day, We only were able to put up seven, 500 ml jars.
 So we'll have to make more...(we have mustard pickles with every meal.)
 as soon as I get my hands on some green tomatoes, I'll make chow-chow, (hub's fave!)
I started a new knitting project too, A warm fall sweater for Dylan.

Milan Jacket by Louisa Harding.
Needle US 5 / 3.75 mm-US 6 / 4.0 mm
Yarn Patons Shetland Chunky Tweeds
Colorway Oxford Gray.
 Cari bought the yarn for the Central Park Hoodie  but when she saw Milan Jacket she wanted it more.Just like a mom, Eh?


and in grand baby News... Only 16 days to go...Wow time goes by fast!!! We have all made our predictions Nate,Kelli, Mike, and Cari all believe she is having a boy, Hub and I think a girl.
It really makes no difference boy or girl we're just excited to have another baby to love!

3 comments:

Darlene said...

Hi Carol,I could almost smell those mustard pickles...I think they are my favorite too!!! Your right fall is definately in the air! I am trying to hold on to summer as long as I can...my DH and I went yard saling this morning(first chance I got to go this year) lots of great treasures to see. I got 5 nice dyed silk scarves and a vintage knitting book! The new fall knitty sure does have lots of great patterns and I have startitious great combo!!!

Carol said...

Are you going to take in the 70 mile yard sale???

Anonymous said...

Wow, Carol, that 70 mile yard sale could definitely satisfy my garage sale addiction for the rest of the year. Sure wish I could be there.

I can remember, as a child, smelling the delicious aroma of canning coming from certain Charlottetown homes as we came and went from school. Glad to know the tradition lives on.

Kelli must be getting very excited that the baby will be here soon. Regardless of whether it is a boy or girl, Nate is going to be a great big brother.

Beverly