Sunday, September 5

End of Summer


I know Summer isn't officially over yet! and we'll probably head back to the beach a few more times, but hubby has gone back to work, Labour Day is tomorrow, so it's close.

We had a fantastic Summer, it was full of wonderful beach days, Picnics, barbecues, weddings. yes, lots of memories were created this summer.
We stayed on the Island the entire summer, took in all the local attractions, spent little money, It was a great summer, one of the hottest summers on record.

Yesterday we received a bit of rain and wind from what was Hurricane Earl, but no property damage what so ever! We were prepared for him. even had a huge thermos of tea made just in case the power went out! Fortunately we didn't need it, but it was comforting to know it was there!

I only had a few Knitting projects on the go this summer, a few headbands, washcloths, but the main one was Jacob's Birthday Sweater. The Bar Harbor Hoodie
I saw it in the current issue of Creative Knitting. I fell in love with it immediately, I'm using Patons Classic wool from my stash, I casted mid- August and worked on it every chance I got.

I'm making the smallest size, which is a 2...but I'm hoping it will come out smaller. So he can wear it this fall/winter season.

I have 20 days left to finish it in.
Then I might make two more one for Nate and one for Dylan.

4 comments:

Maryse said...

The little sweater you are knitting is adorable! I love the picture of the boys going to the beach. You should enlarge and frame it! Here too in Quebec feels like summer is coming to an end. I'm glad to hear that Earl was not too much of a bad boy... Have a great Labor Day!

Carol said...

Thanks Maryse. :)

Shelley said...

The sweater is looking great!

Carol said...

Thanks Shelley