Wednesday, October 20

Phentex slippers

This project was in hibernation for almost 11 months, and they would still be there if I hadn't had the big idea of cleaning my hall closet. But there they were.. in a Sobeys bag hanging on a coat hanger. Arrrrrgh,my first thought was, don't even look in the bag, just bin them, but my second thought was to finish them and get it over with! I'm not going to kid you I had a difficult time with them, not the pattern, I actually like the pattern, it was the frigging yarn, I hated every thing about the stuff!!!! I hate the feel of it, the smell of it and worst of all, the sound it makes as it moves across the needles. like chalk on a black board to me.
I could only knit a few rows at a time before I had to put it down, which is way it took forever to complete. Will I wear them? you bet! every day until they fall apart,will I knit them again? not with the Phentex Slipper and Craft Yarn, but maybe with some Patons Classic Wool Merino.

By the way I have a new found respect for my Sister Shirley (peigirl) who would knit these puppies up by the dozen!



Pattern phentex-slippers

Needle- 5.0 mm

Yarn Phentex Slipper and Craft Yarn
1 skein-Colorway white

Yarn-Phentex Slipper and Craft Yarn
1 skein-Colorway red heather

Started November 9th 2009
Completed-October 20th 2010

4 comments:

Maryse said...

I also tried it once! I never finished them. Threw away the knitted part and gave the remaining of the few skeins I had bought to a lady I work with! Now that we know, we will never be tempted to buy the stuff again won't we? :-)))

Carol said...

never again!!! lol ;)but it's a nice slipper pattern!

peigirl said...

great job carol and I always hated the yarn but did love knitting them have an awesome day
hugs

Jenn said...

I learned to knit just to make these slippers for my husband! Pattern says 32 rows for men's slipper which is baloney - 32 rows using US 10 needles created a slipper that barely fit the palm of my hand.... So still working on my first pair and it is sooo slow going... Good thing the yarn is durable enough to make them last a long time. I think with the second slipper I'll double knit using two strands to see if that helps. I have a whole new appreciation for those who make these by the boatload for charities!!

Love your blog and subscribed to it!