Wednesday, November 3

hats...hats...and more hats

as the weather is getting cooler around here, we even had a trace of snow yesterday! I find myself wanting to make sure my loved ones are kept warm, so I make mittens and hats.

First off is a hat for Jacob. His Mommy loved this one, the Mybootee Babee Chullo and I love it because it's a straight forward knit, it's nice and stretchy, so it will keep up with growing boys, it's fast, you can make it in a couple of evenings.

I also made one for Nate, but he didn't want to model it for me! but it looks like this one, only larger!


Pattern-Mybootee Babee Chullo (Baby Earflap Hat)by Bobbi Padgett (she added 3 new sizes)
Made for-Jacob
Size-the 2nd new size
Needle- 3.75
Yarn-Patons Decor1 skein
Colorway-navy

Next is a hat for Dylan. His Mommy likes the balaclava style hat, she finds it the warmest and he'll leave it on. I had some patons decor left over from his sweater but couldn't find a pattern that called for this weight yarn so I decided to make the Pussy cat hat. I omitted the increases for the ears.



Pattern- balaclava Pussy Cat by Patons Published in Patons #98, Family Headwear & Scarves
Made for- Dylan
Size-2
Needle- 3.75
Yarn-1 skein Patons Decor
Colorway-dark heather grey

and the 4th hat is for Cari, she wanted a slouchy hat, but couldn't decide on a pattern, so I thought I'd get creative and adapt an old pattern from the Patons #98, Family Headwear & Scarves it's the Minaret pattern, my mods were using larger needles and adding a few more sts and rows, I ended up knitting an extra 4 stitches and went up 1 size on the needles and it turned out better than I expected!

Pattern-Minaret by Patons
Made for-Cari
Needle - 6.5 mm- 8.0 mm
Yarn-Lion Brand Vanna's Choice Solids & Heathers
Colorway-charcoal grey.

The 5th hat... which will be Kelli's is still on the needles, so more on that when I finish.

1 comment:

Maryse said...

Like you say, you are keeping your loved ones warm! Pretty pretty! Happy winter knitting!