Monday, November 15

Mitten Weather again!

These weren't planned, they were an excuse for me to use up the left over yarn from Dylan's cheeky monkey. This is an old pattern from patons, as a matter of fact I use to make these for my girls when they were little.
The best part of these mitts is the cuff, just long enough to keep the little wrists protected from the cold.


Pattern-Mitts with checked gauntlets by Patons
published in - Patons #140, Socks, Mitts and Gloves for Children
Size-2-4 years
Needle-3.25 mm dpns
Yarn-Patons-Canadiana-50g
Colorway-timber

and now for something completely different...I had Nate over for a visit this weekend and he was starting to get bored, so instead of turning on the T.V. we made snowflakes to decorate the windows. He hasn't started kindergarten yet! but his Mommy has been working on small muscle activities such as, using the scissors... so he loved making these, here is a youtube link for the instructions
I know you'll want to make at least one!

3 comments:

Maryse said...

This is one huge and gorgeous snowflake! Congrats Nat! Love the mitts too!

peigirl said...

love the mittens and snowflake.

Christy J said...

Wow. Fantastic snowflake! I like the Bella mittens too. I've had the pattern for awhile - must move it up the queue.