Thursday, March 17

Day 22

I used the parsley yesterday to garnish supper!
It was my first time making one of my favourite childhood meals.
It turned out well! So I thought I'd share this simple but delicious recipe with you.

Slow cooker Boiled dinner




1 medium onion quartered
1 corned beef brisket (2 to 4 pounds)
3 carrots, sliced into 2-inch pieces
1 small turnip, sliced into 2-inch pieces
5 small potatoes, cut in half
1 cabbage,cored and quartered
1 Tablespoon, pickling spice
place onions on the bottom Add the corned beef, place the pickling spice on top of meat and then top with carrots turnip and potatoes. Pour in enough water to completely cover the ingredients and meat, and then place the cabbage on top.

Put the slow cooker on a low setting and cover. Cook until the beef is tender, about 8 to 10 hours. Plate corned beef atop of cabbage and vegetables, and serve warm.


in knitting...
I'm still working on Dylan's birthday sweater, just have one arm left!

2 comments:

Maryse said...

The little sweater is so cute! I love the two greens together! Don't we need green at this time of the year! The recipe looks really yummy!

Paula said...

The sweater is looking fabulous!