Sunday, September 4

My Dad




My dad passed away on the second of September, He was 90, He had perfect health up until early this Summer, when he had a stroke followed by several mini strokes! He was a decent Man who loved his family, He was a labourer who worked hard to keep a roof over our head and food on the table he was a friend to many, He had a infectious smile when you saw it, you couldn't help but smile yourself! He had a fondness for wine,and song, He loved to sing... man did he love to sing, it wasn't uncommon for him to be belting out verses of Mr.Bojangles in the middle of the night! I asked my girls what they would remember most about their granddad and they said his singing! He loved to read he enjoyed the outdoors and loved to walk! He had a good life! and left lots of good memories to look back on.



We love you Dad and may you rest in peace

6 comments:

Maryse said...

My sympathies to you. May he rest in peace and be remembered just as you described him! He seems like a wonderful dad!

SNOWBIRD said...

So sorry about your Dad. May God give you and your family peace.

Deb said...

My deepest condolences. I had a very close & special relationship with my dad. I still miss him, but I have a lot of special & dear memories of him, too.

Paula said...

So sorry to hear this. Time will heal...but you'll always have a special place in your heart for him.

Christy J said...

My sympathy to you and your family. No matter their age or yours, losing a dad leaves a great hole. My dad passed away one year ago. But how lucky we were to have such good men in our lives.

old master said...

The title of the post is really so interesting. and I really like your blog
reproduction painting