Wednesday, February 27

making do

I really wanted to knit the "Cardigan for Merry" for Julia, I fell in love with the little Celtic braid button band, I worked on it off and on for 4 months and was only 6" away from completing the entire sweater, when the unthinkable happened, I became distracted and repeated a pattern row twice, I thought I could just rip it back and carry on but no such luck, I couldn't figure out where I was in the pattern. (put the blame on my 50 year old brain) I became so frustrated with it, that I ripped out the whole front, at that point I lost my enthusiasm for the cable and gave up on it all together, I was able to rescue the sleeves and the back so I decided to frog it and re knit the fronts using a moss stitch border, I really bailed out on this one! but it still is a cute little sweater! and who knows I still might give it another go. in the future?


Cardigan for Merry
Cardigan for Merry by annypurls
Knitting
Julia
12 months
    Needle and yarn
    US 2½ - 3.0 mm
    2 skeins = 666.0 yards (609.0m)
    prettiest pink
    Pink

    2 comments:

    peigirl said...

    love the hat and Carol the sweater is beautiful !!

    Carol said...

    thanks Sis